- 1.INFORMAL very good or pleasant; excellent.”Julie was a super girl”
2 .(of a manufactured product) very good; superfine.”a super quality binder”
especially; particularly.”he’s been super understanding”
- 1.INFORMAL a superintendent.”the super walked around the incident room”
- 2.INFORMAL ARCHAIC an extra, unwanted, or unimportant person; a supernumerary.
- 1.facts provided or learned about something or someone.”a vital piece of information”
a charge lodged with a magistrates’ court.plural noun: informations“the tenant may lay an information against his landlord
2.what is conveyed or represented by a particular arrangement or sequence of things.”genetically transmitted information”
- COMPUTING data as processed, stored, or transmitted by a computer.
- (in information theory) a mathematical quantity expressing the probability of occurrence of a particular sequence of symbols, impulses, etc., as against that of alternative sequences.
The quality of being made up of exactly similar parts facing each other or around an axis.”this series has a line of symmetry through its centre”
correct or pleasing proportion of the parts of a thing.”the overall symmetry makes the poem pleasant to the ear”
Similarity or exact correspondence between different things.plural noun: symmetries“the political symmetry between the two debates”
PHYSICS MATHEMATICS a law or operation where a physical property or process has an equivalence in two or more directions.